Saturday, December 5, 2015

Serenading Mr. Jingles

I will have to confess that when I first saw online the November Hip Kit, I liked it but didn't love it. That all changed once I had it in my hands!  The exclusive papers by Kim Watson are beautiful and the quality of the paper is better than most.  I don't like scrapbooking Christmas themed layouts, but this kit made it fun for me to play this month.  My goal is to create 5 Christmas themed layouts in addition to my December Daily...I've already made 2 so I'm almost halfway there!

I knew that I wanted to showcase this red snowflake paper, and I love this layout design because I think that it really lets a patterned paper shine.  In addition, I think that the 2/3 white space really makes the colors look clean and crisp.


In addition to the main kit, I purchased the color add on which included the stencil that was designed by Kim Watson.  I wanted to add a bit of texture paste behind the photo to add further interest without cluttering the page.


I love how the white texture paste looks on the white cardstock.


This cluster is my absolute favorite!  I love the mouse and used different widths of foam adhesive to add more interest to the cluster.  I usually place my title around the photo, but I really like how this turned out.  I'm not sure why I haven't done this before, but I will definitely be doing it again.


Here's my process video if you'd like to take a closer peek.


Supplies:
Hip Kit Club Exclusive "OH WHAT FUN" PAPERS - designed by Kim Watson
Pink Fresh studios - HKC Exclusive - Aqua Puffy Alphabet 
Pink Fresh Studios - Christmas Wishes - Die Cuts
 Hip Kit Club Exclusive 6x6 Stencils designed by Kim Watson
October Afternoon - Mini Market Alphas - Peppermint




No comments:

Post a Comment