Friday, December 4, 2015

I'm on the Crafty Maven channel...

I had the pleasure of being on the Crafty Maven channel again and the mood board for this week was amazing!  I loved every little detail about it, however I had this one big problem.  I don't have purple collections nor are there many available. I also knew exactly what I wanted to do with my layout, so I searched for a photo that was going to be worthy of my efforts. I hit the jackpot!  It pays to be behind in making your pages.  In fact I rather like it because some stories only surface with time.

Here is the mood board for this week. I fell in love with the girl in the dress.  I grew up learning to cross stitch and now I love to knit, so I knew immediately what I wanted to do for my layout. I did a Pinterest search (love Pinterest!) and found several patterns that were perfect for my idea.



Here is my layout.  Is it wrong to be totally in love with how it turned out? The pictures don't quite do it justice.  It's really hard to photograph silver.


I've included a close up of the tree.  It really was super easy although it was time consuming.  It also took just over one full floss, so if you tackle a project this big make sure you have enough before starting...ask me how I know this.


In my search for purple patterned papers I found in my stash some 6x8 paper pads from Heidi Swapp and a Hot Buy Heidi Swapp 12x12 paper pad from Michaels that had some purples and pinks. They were perfect for this page. Right now my local Michaels has this glitter script font for sale. Please don't judge me on my boring title. I am officially diagnosed as title impaired :)


I was short of embellishments for this page so I made my own using my Silhouette.  This cut file from Basic Grey was absolutely perfect.  I didn't want any of my embellishments to take away from my tree so I kept them pretty simple.


 
I'm having some technical difficulties so here is a direct link to the video:  Chrismas Love



Supplies:

Heidi Swapp - Hello Beautiful - Memory Planner 6x8 pad
Heidi Swapp - Wanderlust 12x12 paper pad
Heidi Swapp - Hello Beautiful - Photo Frames
Heidi Swapp Pink Glitter Alphas
Freckled Fawn Silver Stars
                                  Studio Calico Pink Alphas
Heidi Swapp Washi
American Crafts Silver POW paper
Tim Holtz Mirrored Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment