Sunday, September 20, 2015

Crafty Maven Getaway Online Crop

There is an awesome online crop on the Crafty Maven Getaway with several challenges and prizes.  Check out the channel here and the Facebook group here.  You will find the details on the Facebook group, but the channel has several layouts of various YouTubers that made the challenges.

I decided to challenge everyone to Speed Scrap.  It normally takes me 1-1.5 hours to complete a layout, and that is fine with me.  Every now and then though I love to finish a layout quick though, so I decided to challenge myself and others.  This layout took me under 35 minutes and that included clean up and rummaging for my Thickers to use on the title.  Here is my layout using the August Hip Kit.


I have some helpful hints that I find work for me in creating a speedy page.  First, I use a kit.  It helps having someone else do the work for me of putting various papers and embellishments together.  Second, pre-cut anything that you know that you are going to use.  I knew that I wanted to use the PinkFresh cut apart sheet, so I did it before I sat down to complete my page.  This is a bit sneaky, but choose a photo that you don't need to journal, or has very little journaling.  I'm going to write the girls names but other than that and the date, there is nothing else that I need to say about this layout.  Another thing is to stick with a few colors.  I also painted my background, but you could use a pretty patterned paper in which you don't want to cover up to achieve the same look.

If you want to take a peek at the video, click  on it below.  If you have any questions I'll be glad to answer them!



Supplies:

Pink Fresh Studio - Happy Things - Happy Words Paper
Pink Fresh Studios - Happy Things - Puffy Stickers
Crate Paper - Wonder - Enamel Dots & Sequins
Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Bright Aqua Green 
Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint - Titanium White
Heidi Swapp bows - black
Teresa Collins Nine & Co Word Vellum Stickers
Thickers - Doll Black Glitter Foam
Amy Tangerine - Plus One - Doubles

No comments:

Post a Comment