Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to School!!

It's hard to believe that we are starting a new school year!  Having teenagers, it is more difficult to take back to school pictures.  They have several teachers and you don't get to take them to see their classroom.  So what's a scrapbooker going to do?  Get creative!  This year I decided to take pictures of their schedules.  I think that it will be neat to look at how they change in the coming years.  

One of my Facebook groups had a challenge to scrap some Back to School pages.  I don't really like to scrap theme pictures, so I decided that I would participate.  I bought the Shimelle paper pack at Michael's when it was $5.00.  I have absolutely no guilt whatsoever when I purchase these, even if I only get a couple of layouts done with the papers.  This is what I came up with...and I like how it turned out.


I have trouble getting clips on my pages, but this one was perfect and I like that it is not on the picture itself.


Another peek at the layers.  I used my Felicity Jane stamps on the label.


I finally got the Pink Paislee banner letters on another page!  Thickers are my go-to but I really like the way these look.


I found this flair in my stash and thought it was perfect.  I channeled my inner Shimelle with this embellishment cluster.  I thought that it was only appropriate.


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer peek at the process.

Supplies:
Shimelle paper pad - red, blue, and numbers paper
Grey stars - Studio Calico
Papers from my stash
Freckled Fawn clip
Flair - unknown
Jillibean Beanboard alphas - tart teal
Pink Paislee Pen Pals alpha
Webster's Pages Allison Kreft "Happy" alphas
October Afternoon enamel shapes
Stamp - Felicity Jane
EK Success notebook punch
Martha Stewart pinked circle punch


No comments:

Post a Comment