Monday, November 20, 2017

Hello Punkin' for Citrus Twist

Every now and then I look back at a photo and fall in love all over again. This sweet photo of my baby girl following her daddy with her pumpkins is most certainly one of them. I can still hear her saying "punkin" and still remember her excitement at choosing her very own punkins to take home. 

To create this page I used both the main and PL Citrus Twist kits, as well as used one of the sketches for this month. I'm always looking for inspiration on creating pages that are a bit outside of my norm, and the title placement on this sketch is a bit different for me.

 

Stitching the paper strips adds a bit of texture and allows me to ruffle the edges of the strips for more dimension. I fussy cut a few leaves from the patterned paper add-on from October. The little acorns make such a sweet accent to the cluster.


Hello gorgeous teal thickers and puffy alphas....it was love at first sight! The hello Thicker nested perfectly around the label sticker making the title cohesive. I also added a little zig zag stitching to the cluster as well. 


It can be harder to add meaningful journaling to a layout when scrapping a photo that is several years old. I kept it simple and to what I remembered, and yet I still think that it brings a lot to the page. 


Here's a link to my process video in case you'd like to see how this page came together. Thanks so much for joining me today, and I hope that you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment