Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Citrus Twist November Stories kit

Oh my gracious I love this kit! It's gorgeous, and the exclusive paper this month seems like it was made just for me! If you have followed me for a while, you know just how much I love floral papers, and this paper is no exception. 

I've had this photo in a pile to be scrapped for years...yes, years! I was waiting for inspiration, and this kit certainly inspired me to get it documented. I chose cut file by Paige Evans that is available in the Silhouette design store. 


The orange floral paper is the first one that I chose to back the cut file with and since I love it so much it had to go in the center of the pumpkin. The aqua triangle paper and the yellow and white diagonal striped paper are perfect choices to place beside the floral since both colors are found in the floral. To finish off the ends of the pumpkin, I backed the file with the soft coral-red paper which pulls out colors in the photo.


 This cut file begged me to stitch around it...yes it truly begged :)  I used all six strands of embroidery floss and did a simple backstitch all around the pumpkin. I'm in love with the way that it turned out.


This photo makes me laugh because it is near impossible to get two toddlers to look at the camera at the same time, much less smile. The main kit has a lot of die cuts included and this circle one that says "not happening" needed to be on this page. 


I've included a link to my process video if you'd like to take a peek at how the page came together. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment