Saturday, October 28, 2017

My First Traveler's Notebook Spread...

Yes, I swore to myself that I did not need to get on the Traveler's Notebook train....but I did it anyway and am so glad that I took the plunge! Creating the spread was definitely a challenge due to the smaller surface area, but I love the end result and will be creating more pages in the near future.

This spread was created after the Las Vegas massacre. My heart was broken for all of the families and I needed to get something down on paper. Since the world is in need of more love, I chose that as my title. 

In creating this spread I used the gorgeous October Citrus Twist kits. Unfortunately the kit is now sold out but you can sign up to begin a subscription with November's kit.


The exclusive stamp Life is Good is still available in the shop as of this moment. One of my favorite phrases on the stamp is "yes. this.", and it was perfect for this spread. I stamped it several times on the labels and love the way that it turned out.


As a Christian I look for comfort in the Bible. There is always a verse that speaks to my heart and gives me comfort, and I wanted to include it on this spread. I'm thinking that this insert of my TN will be dedicated to Bible verses, devotions, or other forms of worship. 


I don't play with SnapChat often, but the heart filter was perfect for the selfie that I sent to my husband to let him know how much I missed him when he was out of town. It became the perfect photo for this spread. Paige included some really great phrases in her new collection, and this die cut spoke to me...it is what I have to believe. Good things are coming.


Here's a link to my process video if you'd like to take a closer peek. Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope that you have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment