Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sweet Moments with Citrus Twist

I'm excited today to be sharing my first layout for Citrus Twist. The main scrapbook kit this month is right up my alley with the colors and patterned papers.



The rose gold foil accents in the collection are lovely. This butterfly is my favorite embellishment and I stitched through it not only to secure it, but for some added texture.


Hand stitching has been a love of mine since I was a little girl. These die cuts come to life with a bit of stitching in the centers. Choosing embroidery floss to match the die cuts made my stitching easier and gave me a bit of wiggle room in case my stitches were not quite on target.


To jazz up the background I chose a heavyweight acrylic paint by Liquitex and used a large dry brush to paint it on the background. I find that using the heavyweight paint that my paper does not buckle nearly as much, nor do I need to use gesso.



We all know that Thickers are notorious for not sticking to the page. These alphas have a gorgeous design which allowed my stitching to blend in. Subtle details are some of my favorite to add to my pages.



All of my supplies can be found in the Good Vibes Scrapbook Kit . I have a process video if you'd like to see how this page came together. Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment