Thursday, December 1, 2016

Stuck?! Sketches December 1st Reveal

Today I have a new layout up for Stuck?! Sketches and I have to say that the sketch is one of my favorites. When I first saw it my immediate thought was to scrap a Christmas layout since stars and Christmas just go together. However, I decided to scrap a photo of my daughter's softball team instead and love the way that it turned out.


I remained true to the sketch with the exception of adding a paper strip at the top of the layout. Most everything used on the layout is from my Felicity Jane kits with the exception of the Maggie Holmes puffy word stickers, and the branding strip at the bottom of the layout.


The colors in the uniforms are my albatross. I like to scrap pretty colors and burnt orange is just not my idea of a pretty color. I chose to ignore it and picked neutral papers and added a pop of yellow. The tiny black sequins are so cute. I tried for quite a while to make them have a random look in the clusters, and finally just decided to glue them down. 


Stitching straight lines is not always easy, especially around a shape. I started underneath the paper layers so that if my stitching did not line up it would not be noticeable. If I started stitching at one of the points on the star, the likelihood of me matching up the ends perfectly is practically zero. I'd have a better chance of winning the lottery :)


While the saying on this wood veneer piece isn't the most appropriate, it does work and I really liked the way that the banner looked underneath the title. Speaking of titles, let me just say how much I love these alphas from Felicity Jane. The white outline around the black letters just looks amazing. It's the little things that make my day!


I am going to go back and stamp the date on the labels. I didn't have it when I was making the page, and I forgot to do it before I took the pictures. I have a process video for this if you'd like to take a peek at my process.


We'd love for you to play along with us at Stuck?! Sketches and have a chance of winning a prize from one of these two sponsors. Have a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment