Friday, November 25, 2016

The Big Doughnut Eating Contest

It seems appropriate to post this layout and process video a day after Thanksgiving! This layout I created for Cocoa Daisy using their Main kit Sprinkles, Paper Add-On, and DITL kit. Before I get into the details of the layout, I want to issue you a challenge. Make a layout documenting a story that you have been wanting to tell. In my case, the story that I wanted to tell did not have a specific photo to go along with it. Nor, am I sure how old I was when it occurred. It doesn't matter!! Seriously. I decided to use a picture of me during that time frame and to guess the date. There...story told, layout made, and I love it!!


My first thoughts when choosing the background was that I would journal on the lined paper. I love this Dear Lizzy paper! Both sides are awesome, so it was a hard decision to use it as a background. Once I started making my layout, it became apparent that I would need to type my journaling so that I could get all the details recorded. I just love the pattern papers this month, and I wanted them all on my page.


I often outline paper layers as a way to bring the different patterns together, especially when the patterns are a bit whimsical. 


If you watch my process video, you will see how I almost made a big mistake when adhering my title. Since I moved them around, I decided to stitch them to my page. The stitching also helped to group the words and the title together. It is a rather long title, and the arrows pointing along with the stitching help to bring your eye right where it belongs. 


I have a process video for this layout if you'd like to take a closer look. I also talk about the story in a bit more detail on the video...the amazing thing is that I still love doughnuts! I hope that you and yours had a wonderful day full of good food, family, and blessings abundant. I'll be back soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment