Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Cocoa Daisy Sprinkles

I am so excited to be sharing with you my first layout using the Cocoa Daisy November kit Sprinkles. I love this kit, the doughnut theme, and the colors are right up my alley. However, I chose to make my first layout a non-themed layout to prove that not all of the layouts need to be about doughnuts and cupcakes...although that is not necessarily a bad thing :)



If you have followed me for a while, you know how much I love Maggie Holmes. This bird paper of hers in the Gather collection is just stunning, and I knew that I "needed" to showcase it on my page. To add some texture and interest, I used a distress tool to rough up the edges, although scissors work as well. 


 For a bit of added interest in this cluster I tangled up some gold thread and tucked it underneath the photo. This reminded me of a nest and I love it when the details of my embellishments match the theme or journaling of my page.



 Included in the Main kit are these gorgeous sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps! I scattered them across the page and love the subtle bling they add.


One of my favorite things about this layout is the title. How gorgeous is that gold embossing?! I was so excited when I saw just how lovely it turned out! Embossing is a great way to change the color of chipboard Thickers to make them work for your layout.  Adding further interest, I stitched some messy stitching underneath the title, and along the branch that the bird is sitting on. You might not be able to see that small detail, but in person it adds aonther special touch.

If you'd like to take a closer look at my process, I've linked my video. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment