Saturday, December 31, 2016

Highlights of 2016

For the last challenge of this year, Mari and I decided to do a highlights page of 2016. This challenge proved to be one that I loved and I hope that you try this as well. For this layout, I ended up choosing 8 photos from the year, and making sure to include one of the entire family, and one of each child's passion (music and softball). 

In order to keep the focus on the photos, I printed them in black and white. The colors were all over the place and I did not want to worry about trying to find papers that would look good with all of them. These are stories that I have either already told in my album, or plan on telling, so I did not feel the need to have elaborate journaling included on the layout. Instead, I decided to have the focus be on the title, which is a bit unusual for me but I love the end result. Underneath the title I printed out captions for the photos and love the way that it fills in the space below the title. 


Using the Impact font, I used my Silhouette to cut out the year. If you do not own a die cutting machine, you can still achieve this by printing out numbers on paper, tracing them onto your background page, and then cutting them out with a craft knife. Once I backed the numbers I poked holes around the numbers and then proceeded to stitch around them with dark grey embroidery floss.


All of the supplies that I used are from my Felicity Jane kits, with the exception of the enamel dots, twine and embroidery floss.



 This is one of my favorite layouts from this past year. I will most certainly be doing this type of layout again next year and I hope that this inspired you as well. I have linked my process video if you'd like to take a peek at how this page came together. Be sure and check out Mari's video as well...her channel is linked in the details section of my video :)


6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a highlights page at the end of a year! This is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracey! It was a fun page to make!

      Delete
  2. This has to be the best layout I have seen lately. I absolutely LOVE everything about it. Beautiful work and thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky!! Your kind words made my day a bit brighter :)

      Delete
  3. Kelly, you are one of my favorites. I love the post. I think I will use your stuck sketch on Monday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! I hope you do use the sketch...be sure and link it up on the Stuck?! Sketches blog so that you have a chance to enter a prize from one of the sponsors :)

      Delete