Sunday, January 1, 2017

A New Year and a New Sketch!

Happy New Year! Today I have the first sketch from Stuck?! Sketches for 2017 and it is a fun one!! This sketch is a perfect one if you have scraps, border strips, or washi tape that you want to use. Charms Creations was kind enough to send us some beautiful embellishments to use on our page so I chose the papers based on the embellishments. 


This photo is one that I took while getting our Christmas card pictures. It's not the photo that we chose to use on our cards, but I really love it and wanted to get it on a page. 





I really liked the circles behind the photos, and decided that wonky gold stitched circles would be a perfect addition to the page. I knew that I would need a template to follow since I have trouble stitching a straight line...so I used a circle die to trace a circle on the background. Since the circle would never come out perfect, I stitched many circles that increased in size.  If you look closely, you can see that a few of the circles are covered by the doily. These were the first few circles that I stitched, and I like the effect of them peeking out behind the doily.



Originally I added stars on the page randomly and in the embellishment clusters. As I was moving them around, a few of them ended up on the circles. They looked so good that I decided to add the stars all around the circle and it's one of my favorite things on this page.


 The title Merry and all of the papers are from an old Hip Kit club kit. The washi is from my stash, the tag is Basic Grey, sequins are Felicity Jane, and die cuts and word phrases are Pinkfresh studio.


I have a process video for this layout as well if you'd like to take a peek.



Be sure and check out the blog to see what the rest of the design team has created. We'd love for you to use the sketch as inspiration, and if you upload it to the blog you have a chance of winning a prize from one of these sponsors. 



Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful new year filled with lots of scrappy time :)

3 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty Kelly! What a great take on the sketch! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tracey! Happy New Year to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I love the muted colour sand pops of gold, especially the sequin and gold stitched circle!

    ReplyDelete