Saturday, December 3, 2016

Scrap the Challenge #24 Mood Board

This week Mari and I decided to use a Christmas Mood Board as our inspiration. There are so many things that I love about this mood board. 

The colors are a bit softer, and the overall feel is light and bright. The ornaments have a vintage feel, the trees are gorgeous, and the pop of gold is just pure magic. There are so many ways to get inspiration from a mood board. Let me share some of the things that I thought of looking at this board. 

1. documenting a favorite ornament
2. finding papers that match the color scheme
3. documenting my love of Christmas florals
4. creating a page that has hanging ornaments as my design element
5. using jute, twine, a bow or ribbon on my page

As I was looking through my pictures from last year in December, I stumbled upon a photo that I had taken of my husband's craft tree that he decorated as a young boy. This immediately became my story that I wanted to tell.

After his mother died the family went to clean out her home. We found this special tree in storage. I couldn't believe that she kept it for so long (some 40+ years) and we happily took it home. The cardboard tree was decorated with gold tinsel, styrofoam egg cartons  for the ornaments, and sequins were glued on top. The tinsel was coming unglued, and styrofoam ornaments were cracking and falling off, and you could see that many ornaments had lost their sequins. I didn't just want to throw it away though, so I took a picture of it so that we could remember this sweet tree. 


I was inspired by a layout that I saw on the Felicity Jane Facebook group using the FJ cut file available in the Silhouette shop. I did use the single tree and made my own background by welding several of the trees together. The journaling will be added to the tag that is tucked in the kraft bag behind the photo.


I chose to change the muted colors in the mood board to those that are brighter but in the same color family. The bow in this cluster was also inspired by the board.


These alphas are one of my all-time favorites. I am running low on lower case vowels, so I alternated upper and lower case throughout the title.


The papers and word phrases are Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa, flair from Pretty Little Studio, gold alphas are Studio Calico, gold glitter hearts and enamel shapes are Freckled Fawn, and I'm not sure about the kraft bag.

Here is a link to my process video. Be sure and check out Mari's beautiful layout as well. I have linked her channel in the description box on my video. Have a wonderful day and I hope that this mood board inspires you like it did us!



No comments:

Post a Comment