Friday, August 21, 2015

#Selfie

When you have a teenage girl and are looking for a picture to scrap, all you need to do is look at her camera roll. I found this picture and sent it to my camera and loved the way that it looked in black and white.  I am really trying hard to use some things that I have sitting untouched in my stash and this Carta Bella kit was one of them.  I love the bright colors of the collection, and decided that the sunglass paper would be perfect for this picture.  I also used a sketch that was posted on the Hip Kit Forum, along with the guidelines for the challenge. 

Here's the sketch that I used.  I love the bold lines and the title placement.


I stretched the sketch to make a 12x12 layout and I stayed true to the sketch.  The guidelines for the challenge included using the following: enamel dots, 2 or more patterned papers, a journaling card, stamping, die cut or stickers, and a label sticker. I wasn't able to get my layout done in time to participate in the challenge, but I loved the sketch and the guidelines so much I knew that I wanted to use them.


 I love the photo strip washi along the edge.  It was perfect for the pop of black that I wanted and perfect for the theme of the page.


I love the little doily from Doodlebug!  Doilies are my weakness and I could use them on every layout if I let myself.




I have a process video if you would like to take a closer peak at my process.


Supplies used: Carta Bella Summer Loving paper and stickers
Jillibean Chip Alpha 
MME enamel dots
Doodlebug doily
K & Co. Puffy heart sticker
Recollections washi
Stamp set unknown



No comments:

Post a Comment