Friday, October 21, 2016

A Halloween Challenge

Mari and I have a new challenge up today, and this week it is a Halloween themed challenge. I do not scrap themed photos very often. I feel pressure when it comes to these types of pages, and I truly believe that it stems from the lack of themed products that I truly liked when I first started scrapbooking. One of my goals this year was to scrap more themed pages and I have to say that I have been pretty happy with the results. 

For today's layout, my main inspiration was the spider web cut file from The Cut Shoppe. I purchased this a while ago, and have decided that I really want to try and use things that I have purchased before I no longer like them...I know I'm not the only one that has done that, lol. 



Suffice it to say that since I don't scrap many themed layouts that my Halloween stash is not very big. The background paper for the cut file is a Fancy Pants paper from 2009. I did stitch through the webs with black thread for added texture. It was a painstakingly long process, but I am so glad that I did it. It really made the page come together for me.


The black word stickers are from Recollections, the spiders are Jolee's Boutique, and the gold stars and title are from the Crate Paper After Dark Thickers. The papers are from my scrap bin with the exception of the background paper and it is from American Crafts. I lost the manufacturers strip so I'm not sure of the name.


I added a bit of journaling with white gel pen on the tag stating that gone are the cute costumes and now it is all scary and gory things. The Trick or Treat sticker is from Pebbles, and the washi and twine are from my stash.


 I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. Be sure and check out Mari's video as well. Take care and have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment