Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Citrus Twist Sugarland

Hello friends! Today I am going to post my projects that I made using the Citrus Twist Sugarland kits. I received the main kit, embellishment and project life kit this month and will let you know which kits I used in making the projects.

My first layout uses only the main kit which contained that adorable pom pom fringe! This layout was also created specifically with the 3-to-inspire weekly challenge, and my prompts were to use a photo that you love, use the pom pom trim, and to stitch.


I have recently started using a Traveler's Notebook and have started an insert that is scripture based. This verse was a verse that I needed one day and I have found that when I am creating the pages that I am reflecting on the verse and finding comfort. This hobby is truly therapeutic. This is my favorite project this month and it was made using the main kit, project life kit, and patterned paper add-on.


Next up I have a sports page to share, and on this page I used the Main kit and Embellishment add-on. The puffy word stickers from Crate Paper Good Vibes are amazing. I love the font, and it contains a few phrases that I have not seen before in Thickers. I realized after I took the photos of the layout that I did not add my journaling. Underneath the top cluster I typed out something that my daughter said her first year of playing softball...."I have been waiting my whole life to play softball". Every now and then I actually remembered to write down a few of the things that my kids said, and I do try and work them onto pages when I can do so. 


My final project for the month used the Main, Embellishment, and Project Life kits, and the free cut file designed by Kira. It does take some time to back the cut file, but the process is quite enjoyable to me. I stitched around the outside edge using embroidery floss. 


I've linked all of the process videos below in case you'd like to see just how they came together. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment