Saturday, July 15, 2017

Stuck?! Sketches July 15th Reveal

There's a new challenge over at Stuck?! Sketches today and as always it is a great one! 


I stayed pretty true to the sketch for my layout.


I pulled out a Felicity Jane kit for this layout. This photo is of my mom when she was stung by a bumblebee on her nose. I have been trying to get more stories told on my pages, and I have had this photo of her on my desk for a while. I did scan this first and then print off another photo. The original is still safe, and is backed up on the computer.


I lightly sketched pencil lines to give the butterflies a flight path. After I poked the holes in the paper, I erased the lines and then did a simple back stitch with two strands of white embroidery thread.


Most of the supplies used on the layout are from Felicity Jane, with the exception of the butterflies, the stickers, and the gold glitter hearts.


Be sure to play along with this sketch and have a chance of winning a prize from one of our sponsors. 



If you'd like to take a peek at my process, here's the link! Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!




2 comments:

  1. This page is so sweet, you are so inspiring in sharing your moms stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is just lovely! I just recently joined the felicity jane kit and I am loving them!

    ReplyDelete