Saturday, April 15, 2017

April Sketch Reveal

Hello scrappy friends! It's time for another sketch reveal from Stuck?! Sketches. Today's layout calls for one larger photo, but you can easily switch it to two or three smaller photos. This sketch was a bit different than pages that I have been creating lately, so I chose to work pretty closely with the sketch. 


The Oasis collection by Crate paper has been calling my name, so I decided to pull it out for this layout. I like the bold blues that are in this collection and knew that they would be perfect with the blue in my top. 


I tried to work a title onto the page, but just could not come up with something that I liked. Either the size was wrong, or it just didn't fit well under the photo, and let's face it...titles just aren't my strong point. So I made the executive decision to let Vacation Time stand as my title. The phrase works well, and sometimes there just really isn't a whole lot to say about the photo.



I splattered some mist onto the page and I didn't like it on this cluster. The splatters were more like blobs. So, I pulled out these hearts to help disguise the blobs and I think that they did a pretty good job of fixing my mistake.


Be sure to check out the Stuck?! Sketches blog to see what the other designers created with this sketch. We'd love for you to participate and you would have a chance of winning a prize from one of our sponsors listed below. Just make sure to link your project on the blog.


Here's a link to my process video if you'd like to take a closer look at my process. Thanks so much and I hope that you have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Your page is gorgeous, I love your use of this collection! Titles are not my strong suit either. (I think I just did six in a row that started with "hello"! LOL)

    ReplyDelete